Helping Hands are partnerships with local businesses to provide assistance to cancer patients and their families. The SA Cancer Council coordinates the donations of goods and services from local businesses and individuals. For questions about this program, please email CTRCcouncil@uthscsa.edu.
Donation wish list (listed by greatest need)
- Gift Cards - must be under $15.00 value and specific to a product such as fuel, grocery, or pharmacy.
- Liquid Nutritional Supplement* - Boost, Ensure, Glucerna or equivalent store brand
- Religious Items - Bibles (New International Version most popular), prayer books from all faiths, rosaries and other types of prayer beads
- Individually Wrapped Snacks* - hard candy (sugar-free and regular), crackers, cookies (commercially prepared), nuts, trail mix, raisins or other healthy snacks
- Individually Packaged Drinks* -100% fruit or vegetable juice, bottled water
- Biotene Mouthwash & Toothpaste - Alcohol-free mouth care products
- Skin Care Products - Fragrance, dye, and preservative free skin care products – Aquaphor lotion, Remedy skin repair cream, Tom’s unscented deodorant
- Jigsaw Puzzles - Adult jigsaw puzzles of all varieties
- New Children’s Toys - Things children can play with quietly such as games, puzzles, coloring books, small crafts, etc.
- New Stuffed Animals
- Tickets to sporting events, theater productions, concerts and other special events
- Books, Magazines (New or Gently Used)
- Puzzle Books/Adult Coloring Books with colored pencils
- Movies on DVD - Recently released movies rated G, PG & PG-13 (Children’s movies particularly needed)
- Portable DVD and CD Players with disposable headphones and batteries
- Small Blankets & Pillows
- Hats and Turbans
- Adult Craft Kits
* Food and other perishable items must have an expiration date of at least six months from the date of donation.